Sharing the same premium materials as the Shun Classic line, Shun Ken Onion is the line that likes to show off its curves. The ebony PakkaWood® handles are curved to deliver ultimate control, fitting perfectly into the arc of the palm. The blade belly is curved to provide versatility when working at a variety of heights. The wide, gently rounded bolster guides the user to the correct grip, reducing hand strain. The widened grip also allows for a looser pinch, relieving tension for users with large quantities of prep work or those who suffer from sore or fatigued hands. Once you try these show offs, you won't want to put them down.
Steel: VG-10 cutting core, Pattern Damascus cladding of SUS410/SUS431 stainless; 16 layers each side
Handle: Ergonomic ebony Pakka Wood®
Blade Length: 10 in. (25.4 cm)
• Ken Onion designed each knife for specific tasks and maximum comfort.
• Rock-hard bamboo block specially designed to hold eight Shun Ken Onion knives, as well as a sharpening steel and shears.
• Knife blades have forged “Super Steel” VG-10 core clad with 32 layers of SUS410 high-carbon stainless steel for superior strength.
• Samurai technology (thinner blades sharpened at more acute angles) allows for more precise cutting than Western knives.
• Blades hold razor-sharp edge longer than other kitchen knives and rarely need sharpening.
• Beautiful wavy moiré pattern on blades reduces food sticking to sides of knives.
• Lifetime warranty.